Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just another manic Monday, er Wednesday

Chipotle in London somehow tasted like rebirth. I basically cried as I ate my first burrito bowl in over 4 months. It was that rad.

I want to be a British football fan. Went to a Chelsea Champions League game, and HOLY COW was it awesome. Cursing Brits left and right, "zigah zagah zigah zagah oi oi oi" chanting, and the thrill of the game. It rocked. Too bad I support Swansea ;)

It snowed. Oh bless, it snowed. I went to sleep to a green, clear Canterbury (or rather laid awake in bed for 3 hours to the sounds of my housemate and his friends having fun and getting high, despite my asking for them to be quiet please 3 times... too bad he's my friend), and woke up thinking I'd be tired all day long because of my lack of sleep the night before. Well I checked my phone as I turned off my alarm, and my friend Aaron texted me some variation of "SNOW!" to which I proceeded to have the lowest expectations ever as I got up to open the blinds.

But no.

It was freakin' glorious. So absolutely beautiful. It was snowing pretty heavily, and seeing as this was only the second time in my life I had seen snow falling from the sky, I was elated. Nothing could bring me down. I basically jumped up and down and grabbed my camera and posted as fast as I could to Facebook (because this was news I just had to share with all my loved ones back home). Then I got dressed for my day in London and played in the snow and took pictures before Genna, Rita, Aaron and I headed to the train station.

And today it's all gone, save for some icy patches on the grass and in the shade. I am so thankful to have experienced some snow in Canterbury before leaving in two weeks, as snow in December is not a sure thing.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment