Saturday, November 24, 2012

Light-Bulb

"For example, Erikson believed that having a fully formed sense of self (established during the identity versus confusion stage) is essential to being able to form intimate relationships. Studies have demonstrated that those with a poor sense of self tend to have less committed relationships and are more likely to suffer emotional isolation, loneliness, and depression.
Erikson believed it was vital that people develop close, committed relationships with other people. Success leads to strong relationships, while failure results in loneliness and isolation."
This was me, for 2 years of college, up until about last month.
I'm still struggling with this concept though, and it takes conscious effort me to be myself, love myself, and know that I am worthy of being loved, uncertainties and self-doubts included.
I finally get that I may never have my epiphanic moment, lighting up a path that I feel my soul is destined to follow.
And that's just fine.
Again, as I'm pretty sure I've written about before, that path of mine is going to be a squiggly, dirty, mistake-laden, growth-filled one. I'll get wherever I'm going to get, but it really is the journey that's important to me: all the people I hope to help in the curves of my path, all the places I hope to give a piece of my heart to, but hopefully keeping it just as full.

Please don't let yourself become stagnant. Please. Not until you're ready for it, not until stagnancy becomes your happiness. You'll know when that day comes, just don't think it has to come so soon, like you once hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment