Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Can I finally become a runner?!

I went on a jog again.

This town is the best place to take a jog. I can not even fathom the amount of positive reinforcement my brain's received this evening from taking a jog here.

A friend of mine mentioned he found a trail from campus leading to Whitstable, a nearby seaside town, and so I thought I'd do the same. It was too easy to find, and before I knew it, I was jogging between meadows while the sun slowly descended, casting a dusk-like starry twinkle over the plant-life that was so vibrantly British (in my mind). There were farm lands and pastures, berry trimmed bushes, squirrels (of course), horse manure and tractor tracks. I also came across a historical church and graveyard site, apparently dating back to the 13th century, as being along a salt path that was used to bring salt to/from the sea?! That's older than 'murrica, y'all. 

 I'm in my Austen-ian dreamworld, and getting exercise while I'm at it.

This all made me realize a few things:

  • I like nature. Well, I knew that before, but my time here has struck home the point that I need to have nature in my daily life down the line (as in when I'm no longer so young, and I'm settled down perhaps?). I do love the liveliness that is city life, don't get me wrong, but maybe not forever. 
  • There's nothing better for your mental state than going outside, taking a walk or a going on a run, and breathing fresh, clean air. Ok well other things come close, like spending time with people you love and laughing with them, eating delicious food, dancing to your heart's content, and listening to your favorite music. But still, there's a lot to say about going out into the open world and taking deep breaths. 
  • It would be cool if I could learn to grow stuff. My mom's good at it, and I want to be, too. But..I feel like that's way down on the list of things I want to learn to do, so maybe it won't happen... 

No comments:

Post a Comment