Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cheers!


  • When you wake up in the morning in pain after starting life in a new country and staying up until 4 am talking about music to a British guy and your French mate and feel like death the next morning, go to the kitchen and eat something. Then take a shower. 
  • Waking up to English accents floating outside your window is perplexing and beautiful. 
  • Dreaming in an English accent is a bit weird.
  • Accidentally letting words slip out of your mouth in an English accent is embarrassing yet so satisfying.
  • Take the piss with others and use the word wankers as often as possible. Also, insert cheers anywhere you'd use thank you. 
  • It's exciting that I actually know what the previous bullet's content means.
  • Cooking a pasta meal for my flatmates spontaneously then sitting out back with our neighbors, drinking, sharing our "sweets," talking, laughing, doing dares, being joined by other friends and random students, talking to Adam for a couple hours about tons of British English words-- spontaneity and freshers' week memories I already cherish.
  • I love when all my housemates are gathered in the kitchen and we talk about our worlds-- England, China/Pakistan, Sweden, France/Macedonia, America/Iran. We have so much to learn about each other, yet I already have a fondness for all of them and the eclectic mix we make. 
  • The fact that I have written and recorded so little about my experiences thus, as well as taken hardly any photos (which is unlike me), proves how much I value my time here and that I think my memories are strong enough to last me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment