Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stop being so damn lovely, Canterbury.

Canterbury Food and Drink Festival 2012: One big adorable Kent local grown and local businesses festival with so much sunshine and happy cute smiley ness that made me love Kent even more. I want to show my family. I want to be here more. I want to have ties here. I like it I like it I like it.

There's really never a dull moment here. There's always somewhere to explore, somewhere to take a bus to, some new food to try, and of course lovely people to hang out with. And though I've learned that I am indeed an extroverted person, I am learning that I can adventure on my own, and be just fine. I do, however, leech onto the concept of having a community of people I can reach out to when I need, and be there for them when they need. I've found one here at Kent, and am continuing to "top it up," and for that I am so thankful. Humans need social interaction and social stability, and I am so very human.

On my speedy little shopping trip in town today after the festival (where I proceeded to buy groceries I probably could live without, and hence SAVE MONEY), I noticed so many happy, silly couples strolling around the so English brick lanes. As much as I like to say to myself that I'm happy being single (which I am, really I am), I can't help but wish I could just find a guy that's right for me. And soon. I'm getting a bit impatient over here! But not. But sort of. But not.

However... it would definitely be a TERRIBLE idea to find someone in England, for all the obvious reasons. Damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment